I know there’s something not right about a grown woman (really, me?) seeing a girl’s outfit and immediately thinking, “I want what she’s wearing!” And we’re not talking a teenage girl here (ewwww, have you seen what teenage girls have been wearing lately?), we’re talking a girl who probably doesn’t even go to elementary school yet.
But I guess when the little girl we’re talking about is Françoise Durand, French Vogue editor in chief Emmanuelle Alt’s daughter, I guess I’m excused, right? Because how chic is her outfit here?
A trench coat (Burberry, bien sûr), a Breton top, skinny jeans and ballet flats. If my budget and Philippine weather allowed it, I could and would wear this outfit every day.
Okay, maybe I’ll change it up a little. Change into looser pants, change up the shoes and end up with something like this:
How awesome is this little girl’s outfit? And she’s absolutely rocking it with her “whatcha lookin’ at?” stare and her pose. The popped collar, the pulled up sleeves, her cuffed jeans just scream effortless cool.
Yes, I know the words “chic” and “effortless cool” are not exactly the words you usually associate with toddlers’ outfits. Some people might even say it’s creepy that I’m dissecting the outfits of these girls like they were my contemporaries. But, but, but… can you really blame me for wanting their outfits?
photos via jak and jil blog and curatedtaste.tumblr
I’m a little late, as Suri’s birthday was on the 18th, but it’s not like she’ll know I wasn’t on time.
Anyway, in honor of the little fashionista’s birthday, here’s one of my favorite Suri outfits:
Pretty in purple and pink!
The sweater is sweet, the skirt is fun, but it’s the leopard print flats that take this outfit to the next level for me. It gives the right amount of edge to an outfit that could’ve been too sweet and girly. And yes, I know it’s not entirely healthy to be critiquing a toddler’s outfits like this.
Also, I think this is one prettiest pictures of Suri I’ve ever seen. And with a face like hers, that’s saying a lot!
Look at that face!
Again, Happy Birthday, Suri!
Photos from JustJared.com
Suri Cruise’s outfits are famous (or infamous, if you consider the whole high-heels debacle). And among the hundreds of designer outfits, this one below is definitely one of my all-time favorites:
This picture should be in the dictionary beside the word "cute"
Absolutely adorable. The sweater, the black shirt, the skirt. They all go perfectly together. I would wear an adult version of this outfit, except for the shoes.
Photo from JustJared.com
I don’t think I have ever been this excited about news of the impending arrival of another celebuspawn, but this news is just totally awesome. The first couple of football, David “Goldenballs” and Victoria Beckham are expecting their fourth child! And without exception, even total strangers (like yours truly) are crossing their fingers, hoping and praying that this time, it’s a lovely baby girl because:
- After three adorable boys, it’s high time the Beckhams get a daughter, no? I know the baby gender lottery doesn’t work like that as many all-girls/boys families could attest to, but a little princess would round off this gorgeous family quite well.
- David Beckham dotes on his boys, even on Brooklyn, who at almost 12, you would assume would be in that Mum/Dad-don’t-kiss-me-in-public stage. Can you imagine how much the adorable factor will increase, if it were a ‘ickle girl in the already to-die-for adorable picture below?
If cuteness could kill...
- If anyone was destined to have a little girl, it was Victoria Beckham. With a mom as fabulous and fashionable as that, I’m already salivating with envy at the potential designer outfits Vicky B. will dress her tot in. Baby Girl Beckham will surely give Chloe-wearing, Valentino-toting Suri Cruise a run for her money in the toddler fashion stakes.
- Someone just has to inherit Victoria’s legendary Birkin collection. Who else would be worthy of it if not their daughter?
So congrats to the lovely family. I’m crossing my fingers for a healthy, problem-free pregnancy. And Birkins aside, while a baby with XX chromosomes will probably drive me crazy (if only for more shots like above or this one) with glee, an XY baby will be just as “awwwwww”-ed over.
Photo from AP via Kickette
(I apologize for the lame title, but there really is no other word to capture the essence of this post)
Some people look at this photo and think:
- Her dad is a couch-jumping Scientologist weirdo
- Her mom is a Dawson’s Creek has-been turned Scientology zombie-slash-robot
- Chris Klein is her real father, not Tom because Tom is gay
- She’s a spoiled little brat who gets to wear makeup and high heels and is lavished with Roger Vivier shoes and Ferragamo handbags
- She’s too old for a bottle
But all I see is an overload of cute.
Awwww... Didn't we all dream of this when we were seven?
And another boatload of cute:
Suri to Katie: "See, Mommy, I told you not to do Mad Money."
I mean, come on! How could you say something remotely bad about such an endearing, happy little person? And, couch-jumping celebrity parents notwithstanding, she’s still JUST A CHILD (who, like the rest of us, never got to choose who her parents will be).
Just delight in the cuteness, people!
*Photos from JustJared.com