Yes, the dress was gorgeous, Kate the Duchess of Cambridge was stunning, the balcony kiss was adorable and Pippa nearly stole the show. Everyone else has covered the big stories of the biggest wedding ever. But here are the other things I picked up and got me thinking about the wedding:
- Kate and William need waving lessons.
- That veil is awesome.
- The Middleton women (Kate, Pippa and Carole) have a penchant for eyeliner. Lots and lots of it.
- Was it just me or was the wedding ring a tad too small? Watching while William slipped it on his bride’s finger, I thought it looked like a bit of a squeeze.
- The Queen looks good for someone 85 years old. Will Charles be 85 when he ascends to the throne himself?
- The hat you choose for an event like this tells a lot about you. If you wear a hat like this or this to a wedding, you’re just trying to draw attention to yourself (obviously a “don’t” during a wedding), not to mention blocking the view of the people behind you. Plus you look like a creature is struggling to free itself from the confines of your cranium.
- Speaking of hats, who knew sinamay was such a popular material with the Brits?
- It was kind of strange to see the bride and groom sit to the side at their own wedding, no?
- If you weren’t directly in front of the platform, how the heck could you see what was going on in the ceremony? And what about the people behind that partition at the back of the abbey? So were they just staring at each other the entire time?
- Pageboys! I don’t know what they’re for, but I know I want a pair.
- Further proof that the wedding has revived the monarchy: I even found it adorable that the Duchess of Cornwall carried Eliza Lopes, the flower girl and her granddaughter for some time in the balcony. All the more so when Prince Charles carried Eliza himself, even tapping the little one’s tummy. Awww.
- And speaking of flower girls… Grace Van Cutsem may just have stolen the couple’s thunder:
- I loved the bride and groom’s banter before the second kiss. It seemed like William suggested it, and Kate Catherine pretended not to hear him the first time he mentioned it. Cuuuuuute.
- And it seems like the Duchess has the Duke wrapped around her sapphire adorned finger. And, again. Awwwwwwwww.
Oh, and finally:
- Y’all who just got on the bandwagon because of his adorable antics in the wedding, take heed: Harry IS MINE. I’ve loved him since we were 12.
That is all.
photo via nymag.com